Peninsula State Park Golf Course
Peninsula State Park Golf Course began as a 6-hole course in 1917, grew to 9-holes in 1923, and finally opened as an 18-hole course in 1931. Peninsula offers spectacular views of Eagle Harbor and the Village of Ephraim. The back 9 holds the most views and the most varied landscape.
This 18-hole course, with its well-maintained, watered fairways, is set in the majestic forests of white cedar, oak, beech, and maple trees. Glimpses of the Niagara Escarpment can also be seen as the golfer traverses the course. Golfers might also see some of the Park's birds and wildlife.
Of historical note and along the 9th fairway is the 40-foot Memorial Pole dedicated to the Potawatomi Nation. Members of the Nation occupied the land in Door County in the 1800's. Near the Memorial Pole is a large stone marker that is dedicated to Chief Kahquados, the last chief of the Potawatomi Nation.
The bear perched at the top of the pole is depicted in the golf course logo and serves as a reminder of both the Park's and DoorCounty's history.
Amenities and services at Peninsula State Park Golf Course include a restaurant, golf pro-shop, putting practice green, cart and club rentals, practice range for driving, chipping, and putting, and professional golf lessons.
The Board of Directors of the Peninsula Golf Associates, Inc. (PGA, Inc.) is responsible for management and operation of the Peninsula State Park Golf Course under an Agreement with the State of Wisconsin.
Tee-time reservations are recommended.Follow this link to 'Like' our Facebook account!