Peninsula State Park Golf Course began as a 6-hole course in 1917, grew to 9-holes in 1923, and finally opened as an 18-hole course in 1931. Peninsula offers spectacular views of Eagle Harbor and the Village of Ephraim. The back 9 holds the most views and the most varied landscape.
This 18-hole course, with its well-maintained, watered fairways, is set in the majestic forests of white cedar, oak, beech, and maple trees. Glimpses of the Niagara Escarpment can also be seen as the golfer traverses the course. Golfers might also see some of the Park's birds and wildlife.
Of historical note and along the 9th fairway is the 40-foot Memorial Pole dedicated to the Potawatomi Nation. Members of the Nation occupied the land in Door County in the 1800's. Near the Memorial Pole is a large stone marker that is dedicated to Chief Kahquados, the last chief of the Potawatomi Nation.